Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Moon's Game

I am the moon and I play a game
I don't always look the same.
Sometimes I'm round, a silver sphere.
Sometimes just half of me seems to be here.
Sometimes I'm a crescent, shaped like a smile.
Sometimes I surprise you and hide for awhile!
Look up in the sky for my friendly light--
What shape will I be when you see me tonight?

When asked to draw what they think of when they hear the word moon, these are the images the students produced:
It's very interesting that most of the students' first thought of the moon is that it is a full circle with many spots on it. Today we introduced the phases of the moon. We will be tracking the phases seen each night in Medina by using a website. When the time changes in a few weeks, the students will start tracking the phsases of the moon from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment